On Sun, Mar 17, 2024 at 2:46 PM Adam Morris <li...@damorris.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A member is subscribed to two lists I run.
>
> He can post to one but gets the following error when posting to the other
> list.
>
> I don’t think I have things set differently for any of the lists I run.
>
> SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
>
> 550 Maximum line length exceeded (see RFC 5322 2.1.1).

That error (550 - Permanent failure) is generated by your MTA (Postfix?,
Exim4?) and you need to address it there.
The message has not even hit Mailman by that time.
It would be interesting to find out what in their MuA is causing this.
Assuming your two lists are hosted on the same server, this is very strange.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,