On 5/4/2024 1:45 AM, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
On Fri, May 3, 2024 at 7:54 PM Carl Zwanzig <c...@tuunq.com> wrote:
Last I checked, MM3 was just not suitable for a small set of smaller
lists and to be maintained by less experienced people.

In what aspects was it not suitable? I have never encountered a document
stating that.

Of course not, that's my opinion- every time I look at what it takes to install MM3, it seems like a lot of work for the results. If I need to run a few lists of tens of people, I don't want to spend multi-hours doing the setup. Kind of like using a 10 tonne lorry to move a table and chairs; it just doesn't make sense.

Perhaps that's changed, has it?
I am not able to answer that before I get the answer to my question above.

There you have it. MM2 has been quick and easy to install and configure and light on the resources, MM3 appears to need a lot more. (How long does it take to install and configure a complete and usable MM3 installation? What are the resources needed? At one time, I ran MM2 on a 90Mhz Pentium and it did the job; there's a 2006 list post about it.)

Did you also know that MM2 relies on Python2.7 (Recommended) which was
already EoLed?

Um, I've known that for years, thing is MM2 -still-works-! This might be why there seem to be a fair number of MM2 installs out there in production.

My first MM2 install was probably 18-20 years ago.

z!