OK, so the "pipeline" section in the test list config I sent earlier was
not in the config for the list that was munging properly. I removed it from
the test list config and now it's munging too.

(How to remove pipeline from a single list: https://tinyurl.com/ydrd8z96)

As an aside, I'm now pretty sure this problem resulted not from the
hardware migration but from an experiment I did several years ago:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2010-July/069944.html

(Note to self: Next time, clean up after yourself.)

Thanks for your patience.