On 26 Nov 2013, at 12:13, Rob McBroom wrote:

On 26 Nov 2013, at 12:50, Jacques wrote:

By default MailMate positions replies below the body of text. Almost all other email clients I've used positions above.

So in a thread of conversation, the replies keep going bottom (me) and above (others).

Is there a particular reasoning in this?

Yes. It’s the correct way to format a reply.

Is there a way to change this?

It’s under the Signatures section.

Interesting that in the Preferences of MM, this change doesn't portray itself in a new Reply. But in the actual reply, the top left Signature menu can choose one or the other correctly.

A bug, yes?

thanks

PS - I agree, it's better formatted below. But the standard out there in email clients everywhere is above. So as others reply and the conversation continues - it gets very messy when the folks in a conversation are using different standards.

-
Jacques
via Mac