Hello, MailMate n00b here—

Is there an efficient, keyboard-only way to create a new IMAP mailbox within an existing source? I use mailboxes to organize and file my messages, and often need to create new ones on the fly. Selecting a source with the mouse, using the “Mailbox” menu, and then typing the new mailbox name at the bottom of a long list of mailboxes is cumbersome and takes me out of the context I was in. (“What was the name

As an ex-Thunderbird user, I used the Nostalgy extension [1] which supports a find-as-you-type message move feature similar to MailMate. Nostalgy, however, would let you autocomplete a mailbox, then _add a new submailbox name_, and complete the move. It opens a dialog that confirms you want to create the new mailbox. On confirmation, it creates the new mailbox and completes the message move.

I have not contemplated a switch to tags and smart mailboxes as I have two GMail-based accounts and many hundreds of historical IMAP mailbox-based archives.

I’m open to workflow alternatives / suggestions as well. Thank you in advance.

[1]: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/nostalgy/

--
Matt