On 5 Jan 2015, at 15:43, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

Actually, drafts are always autosaved regularly in the background without changing the saved state of the message. Ideally, the saved state should only change when the user explicitly saves the message, but for technical reasons I'm currently forcing such a save whenever the “structure” of the message changes. This happens, for example, when Markdown to HTML generation is needed.

Let me know if this does not explain what you see.

I don't see how this explains I have to manually delete from my drafts folder, drafts that have been saved after I've opted out of composing them only when Markdown syntax is in the message.

IOW's, if I compose a message without Markdown syntax, I see no indication of a draft being saved in the drafts folder. If I opt out of composing by exiting the window and selecting 'Don't save' that's all I need to do. There is no remaining draft version to delete from the draft folder. However, if I do the same with Markdown syntax within the message, I have to do the manual delete every time.

—
Curtis acm