On 5 Jan 2015, at 16:49, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

However, even if I were to force a draft-save myself, shouldn't there be a way to delete drafts that are force-saved, more efficiently?

I'm not sure that would be needed very often.

With some thought on it, I agree. You may be right about this.

This could be done by including a 'delete saved draft' toggle switch on the popup window that appears on exiting a compose window? In that way, the draft will disappear pretty much as it does when sending the message.

I'll keep your suggestion in mind. I'm not quite convinced that it wouldn't be sufficient to fix the “forced saves”.

I think a lot of the messages that I abort composing, rather than postpone for later, would not have had me force saving a drafts. :) For those that I'd explicitly save a draft, which is only occasional, I'd not mind having to manually delete the draft after exiting the compose window. Additionally, those would be messages that I do intend to send and the draft would be auto-deleted on sending anyway.

So yes, the fix would be to not force save drafts automatically as a behaviour that cannot be disabled. Leave that the forced saving to the user. I'm not sure why a change of message structure suddenly makes it more important than it was before such a change was introduced. :)

—
Curtis acm