Hi,

once again I've changed how MailMate handles some types of Microsoft/Exchange/Office365 accounts. I'm not really sure what to call them any longer, but I think we are moving towards a point where it's just all Office365.

TL;DR — If you have an `@outlook.com/@hotmail.com/@live.com` account then you might want to download a recent release of MailMate and then enable OAuth2 to see if it works for you. Make sure you use `outlook.office365.com` and `smtp.office365.com` as hostnames. This might save you sudden connection problems in the middle of September. The most recent MailMate release can be found here: https://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives

Here's the long version:

For some time, I've recommended using an app-specific password for `@outlook.com/@hotmail.com/@live.com` addresses and using OAuth2 for all other Office365-related addresses. Both types of addresses could be used with servers at `office365.com`, but I had trouble making the `@outlook.com`-family work with that and it wasn't clear to me earlier on (based on the labyrinthic Microsoft-documentation) if it was supposed to work at all. Last week I received an email from Microsoft about them going OAuth2-only, starting September 14th, and that likely meant that it was supposed to work :)

I'm not sure if it was always like this or something changed, but the problem turned out to be that I was using Office365-specific so-called scopes:

https://outlook.office365.com/IMAP.AccessAsUser.All https://outlook.office365.com/SMTP.Send offline_access

I needed to change them to these scopes:

https://outlook.office.com/IMAP.AccessAsUser.All https://outlook.office.com/SMTP.Send offline_access

It's a technicality and I'm just putting this out there in case it's useful to someone else googling desperately. Or maybe someone will tell me that I'm wrong.

This also means that the scopes used for Office365-accounts have changed. I'm not sure if this means that they'll need to re-authenticate.