On 17 Jul 2024, at 8:47, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 13 Jul 2024, at 4:51, Eric Sharakan via mailmate wrote:

Anyway, since updating to r6052, I've noticed the following behaviors on my Exchange-based corporate email account:

- I was asked to resynchronize each of my IMAP folders due to some issue with the UIDVALIDITY check (sorry I didn't save the exact message). I did so, and all seemed fine. - Some hours (or maybe a day or two) later, I lost access to all my IMAP folders other than my INBOX. Turns out I had been unsubscribed from all of them. I resubscribed myself to them, and all seems okay now.

Benny I don't know if either of these issues are related to the change you said you made in your email of July 1 or not, but the timing seemed pretty coincidental.

If related then it's about the Exchange implementation (the IMAP to Exchange interface). There's no way for me to fix that.

Understood, I just wanted to let you know about my one-time need to re-synchronize.

I've often been told about UIDVALIDITY issues with Exchange, but I don't think I've heard about the auto-unsubscribe issue.

Yeah, that one was certainly a surprise.

A couple other points:

- I've had OAUTH2 enabled for this account for some time now.
- Benny's email said "Make sure you use `outlook.office365.com` and `smtp.office365.com` as hostnames." For whatever reason, I am unable to edit my SMTP server name for this account. The SMTP server is set to 'outlook.office365.com' (same as the IMAP server), but is greyed out such that I can't modify it.

Are you sure the greyed out part isn't just MailMate showing a placeholder name (the one used if nothing explicit is provided)?

😊  oops, you're right.  Thought I tried that before.

Thanks.

-Eric

In any case, both `smtp.office365.com` and `outlook.officie365.com` are fine as far as I know. Only Microsoft will know if there is or ever will be a difference.