Hi everyone,

I have noted our systems register a rise of auto-response/vacation spam. At
first this was present at mail.ru but I now see it in growing numbers from
yahoo and microsoft too. I wonder why outbound spam filters (which are
surely present at these providers) don't catch and stop this. I think this
could use a more systematic treatment, to rule out worm/trojan systematic
attacks, but I usually didn't get past tier-1 support.

additionally, if all providers were to respect the
non-standard-but-should-be x-auto-response-suppress , it would do well to
stop this from hitting prudent transactional senders. funny thing is, this
is a microsoft-specific (well, outlook-specific) standard and yet not
supported by office online or outlook.com. if anyone is willing to submit
it as RFC, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gil Bahat,
DevOps/Postmaster,
Magisto Ltd.