On 2015-09-10 06:58, John Levine wrote:
SRS was mostly useful as an exercise to confirm that the world is not
going to completely change how it works just because the FUSSP du jour
can't describe the way it's been sending mail for 30 years.

Personally, I'd rather have the bounces hit me rather than some random sender who won't recognize the destination address that actually failed. When a bounce hits one of my rewritten addresses, my systems know to flag it and (eventually) disable the forwarding.

I don't actually use SRS, but rather, the BATV-like implementation which rewrites the MAIL FROM field to something trackable.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/