It depends if it is at connection time, or after the RFC5321.MailFrom where
the SPF can be evaluated. If there is no valid rDNS and no SPF, rejecting
after SPF evaluation may not be a bad solution, as anyhow in a great
majority of cases it aint going to be fixed during all these retries, till
the email bounces and someone notices... so why wait?

I contacted APNIC, they are checking the DNSSEC, but nevertheless, set SPF,
it is simple to do... and nowadays a SPF fail is treated like a DKIM fail,
i.e., like if there was no SPF set.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/email-security-future-laura-atkins