From: mailop [mailto:mailop-boun...@mailop.org] On Behalf Of Michael Wise
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 21:21
To: Rich Kulawiec <r...@gsp.org>; mailop@mailop.org
Subject: Re: [mailop] Mail accepted by outlook.com/hotmail.com disappears.

OF COURSE!
THAT'S THE SOLU...
Oh wait, that means we have to get 10x the number of servers ... and data
centers.

Management won't like that.

So many people think that the things that work just spiffily when everything
you do fits on a single mail server, will scale across a cluster that has tens
if not hundreds of thousands of machines. In dozens of data centers.
Geographically dispersed around the planet.

They don't.

Aloha,
Michael.
--
Michael J Wise | Microsoft | Spam Analysis | "Your Spam Specimen Has Been
Processed." | Got the Junk Mail Reporting Tool ?