May be they should test their DNS servers using:
https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/services/replysizetest

or setup edns udp size to 1400 instead of the default 4096 is they don't
want to allow fragmented packets in:
http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch7/hkpng.html#edns-udp-size

This is also likely to affect SPF results when the zone is overloaded with
TXT record at the root, and even more when you enable DNSSEC verification...