> On Jul 14, 2016, at 2:39 PM, Franck Martin <fmar...@linkedin.com> wrote:
>
> I kind of see the null MX as a way to say that this domain does not send
> emails.

Eh... only indirectly, implicitly and only kinda.

0-mx-dot states that the domain does not receive email for any address. It
doesn't say anything directly about whether mail is sent using email addresses
in that domain.

If you believe that you must be able to deliver an asynchronous bounce for any
message you receive, and you receive mail with an 821.From that you know is
undeliverable then it's reasonable to treat that mail with a lot of suspicion.

But 0-mx-dot is not an explicit statement by the domain owner of "mail is not
sent using this domain". That'd be an SPF -all, or something DMARCy.

Cheers,
  Steve