[OFFLIST]

On 27/07/2016 2:56 PM, Craig Marchant wrote:
That's an issue we have also, where customers set up forwarders on the
cPanel "account / service" and then forward it off to hotmail as an example.
They then mark the email(s) forwarded as junk and as a result in come
the complaints for legitimate emails from their own forwarder, lol.

It drives me nuts and no matter how politely you let customers know that
marking it as junk only affects them in the long run they just do not
understand it and continue to do it.

Maybe we need to adopt the policy of removing forwarders as a last
resort when all else has failed as you have.

Yeah, sounds like the same problems as we were having.

I found that almost every customer (that responded) had no idea what happened when they clicked mark as spam - they thought the email just disappeared and that was that. They didn't realise that it triggers the feedback loop emails, giving the full content of the reported email etc. After they found that out most have been receptive to the idea of not marking them as spam.

I wish there was some smarts done to filter these out before they are actually sent off, but then it would probably end up giving the spammers other avenues to avoid reports.