We obviously have the web extension, though I haven't seen any updates
there recently either.

But I'm not sure what native would look like.  After Lavabit, would the
type of folks who use pgp actually trust our implementation if they
couldn't see it and verify it?

Also, the spam problem becomes challenging in that environment...