On 9 Jan 2017, at 14:08, Franck Martin via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
> Often, it is a problem of finding an acceptable cypher to both parties...

...after...

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Robert Mueller <r...@fastmail.fm
> <mailto:r...@fastmail.fm>> wrote:
> So it turns out we'd actually encountered this problem before (Oct
> 2015), and had put a work around in place at the time. It appears that
> us.af.mil <http://us.af.mil/> servers were having problems connecting to our
> postfix
> instances and at the time couldn't work out what the obvious reason was
> so I had added this to our postfix config.

They're finding a cipher they don't like - so far as I can ascertain, your host
is offering an RC4 based cipher. If they're .mil, as you mention, then their
cipher compatibility list will likely be small and hard (so to speak). I can't
speak for why they'd not connect to you as a result, that's up to them.

https://ssl-tools.net/mailservers/mx1.messagingengine.com
<https://ssl-tools.net/mailservers/mx1.messagingengine.com>

Graeme