In article <20170326220333.3c517c48@quill> you write:
>If I want to be able to give people information for being able to
>contact me via the Internet, so that I can have a reasonable expectation
>of being able to make sure that this will still work in 20 years
>(provided I am then still alive and healthy enough to be able to use
>computers), how would I do that without a second level domain of my own?

I know a certain number of people with e-mail addresses that haven't
changed in 20 years, not at domains they own.  It's probably more
than the number I know with 20 year old vanity domains, and I know
a lot of vain old nerds.

But I can't help noticing that people keep trying to change the topic.
Once again, nobody* has a problem with privacy protection for the
small minority of domains registered by natural persons.  The problem
is that the pro-crime crowd keep demanding that all the rest be
anonymous or effectively anonymous, too.

R's,
John

* - for a version of nobody informed by going to a lot of recent ICANN
meetings