On 2017-05-16 09:42 AM, Vladimir Dubrovin via mailop wrote:
According to the standard, invlid SPF record results in spf=permerror,
not in spf=fail. It's up to you to reject the message in this case, but
it's definitely not what system administrator of the sending system told
you.

Maybe but the problem is that he is trying to tell us something but it is getting garbled and we have to guess what he wants. Sounds like "undefined behaviour". It's allowed to make monkeys fly out of his nose as we used to say.

I don't know how big this mailing list is but I wonder if it is big enough for us to declare a Fix-Your-SPF day. Pick a day and everyone (or close enough) changes their configs to bounce PermError for 24 hours. We could announce it ahead of time. We could even create a press release that everyone can send to their local media.

Heck, we may not even need to do it. Enough coverage and the threat may get a bunch of them fixed anyway.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net