On 5/22/2017 3:46 PM, valdis.kletni...@vt.edu wrote:
On Mon, 22 May 2017 14:42:20 -0700, W Kern said:

I am talking about the scenario where a third party sender WITH an -all
SPF record sends to my customer and then MY customer forwards it
elsewhere (gmail, hotmail).
So you accept spam if it has a valid SPF?

We try not to. The obvious stuff gets caught.

But as as I mentioned, sometimes edgy stuff slips through, especially if the customer has lowered their tolerance levels.

And email does get credit for a 'correct' SPF resolution and good sending server reputation, so well written spam from a compromised email account on a legit server can pass. And that is only one of many scenarios.

I have experience with both home brew SA systems and commercial systems (McAfee, Postini, Fuse etc from back in the day, etc). All of them leak(ed) certain types of spam.

Evidently your anti-spam system can perfectly identify each individual's customer's definition of spam, even from known good systems.

I'd be curious as to what you are using and maybe it would solve this particular problem for us.

-bill