Am 13.07.2017 um 04:23 schrieb Jay Hennigan:
> If you live in a crime-ridden neighborhood by misfortune or choice, you learn
> not to leave valuable outgoing packages in your curbside mailbox for the
> postman to pick up. You take them to a secure facility operated by someone you
> trust. Same principle applies digitally.

Just to put this into perspective: I don't think the Hetzner situation is that
dire overall: I just checked the Talos/SenderBase scoring for some Hetzner
nets and they were not so bad.

For example the top 50 ips from 78.47.0.0/16 (by email volume) there were 34
IPs with "good" reputation and 7 with "bad" reputation.

I am sure my customers would not tolerate blocking networks with similar
statistics. Personally if I expect sophisticated measures from dc providers
(SMTP proxies, even forcibly terminating TLS connections) I also try to do
something more sophisticated when it comes to classifying received messages.
(E.g. we are building our own internal IP reputation so initially unknown IPs
might get a bad rating from the network but these messages still have a chance
and over time the IP might get its own reputation so it will be unaffected
from the general network storage.)

Anyhow I'll stop here as I feel I'm off-topic now :-)

regards
Felix