Hi Tobias,

> I'm working for an ESP who is member of the CSA and ECO and I'm one of
the biggest contender on the authentication requirements front, I don't
think that DMARC is an ESP responsibility, but think that an ESP should
provide everything necessary so that a Brand can use DMARC.
So you agree with me? Good.

> By forcing the ESP community of CSA to implement DMARC we would not help
our customers, we would simply give them a false feeling of having done
something, that does not solves the underlying problem.
I did not say DMARC. I said DMARC-type authentication (SPF and DKIM aligned
to sender domain). I specifically made that distinction because I agree
that requiring (a) DMARC (policy) is not our job.

That said: As an ESP you are not required to support DKIM and SPF aligned
to the sender domain according to the CSA. Therefore an ESP could become a
member and their customers may not be able to follow the advise to
implement DMARC (as given in the guidelines, paragraph 3.10).

Yours,

David

My opinion is mine.