On 11/02/2017 12:49 PM, Michael Peddemors wrote:
Ouch, I can name a hundred reasons to..

Sorry, let me clarify.

I see no reason to reject messages at SMTP time just because you might choose not to display all of the message in the default view, yet make it available in a full message view.

I.e. why reject an otherwise perfectly legitimate email to a perfectly legitimate recipient when dmesg out put is in the body of the message vs as an attachment?

Rejecting immediately with a clear notice, allows the sender to identify why the message didn't go through..

I agree that rejecting at SMTP time is the best thing to do, for warranted reasons. - I think that a long message body (that is still smaller than published maximums) is not a valid reason in and of itself.

Need I go on?

Not about rejecting at SMTP time vs bouncing after the fact.

I'm curious why you would reject a message just because the MUA might choose to fold / not display some of the body by default, yet make it available at the click of a button.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die