I don’t think that most software even supports EAI addresses. When I built
WildDuck IMAP server (https://github.com/nodemailer/wildduck
<https://github.com/nodemailer/wildduck>) then while I had EAI and other i18n
aspects (SMTPUTF8, RFC6855 etc) planned from day one then it was really
difficult to test interoperability - there were no systems to test against. The
best I could do was to set up a EAI address on my server (my fully functional
testing address was/is андрис@уайлддак.орг) and send mail to it from Gmail.

Regards,
Andris Reinman
https://wildduck.email/