In article <CABa8R6s6_-htTh5jpGn4x7Ji_yJVoqXCXV=evxenwdrlkcw...@mail.gmail.com>
you write:
>Isn't the simplest way to handle this is to treat IPv6 at the /64 or
>smaller level?

That's what Spamhaus does.  They made rbldnsd serve v6 CIDRs like it serves v4.

Apropos of Steve's comment about blowing caches, I did some
simulations a while ago of various ways to publish v6 DNSBLs.  I was
surprised to find that even v4 BL queries aren't cached much.  There's
a handful of heavily used cache entries for hosts that send lots of
mail, and a long tail of IPs that are hit once or twice and then never
again.

Also, anyone who uses BLs at scale has local mirrors, and querying a
local mirror is as fast as querying a local cache.

R's,
John