If you start to see 4xx deferrals (esp. 3113, 3114, 3115, 3150, …) from the
“Hotmail/Outlook/et al” data centers, you should know that the IP has been
throttled, and one would be well advised, given that situation, to STOP all
sending until at least the top of the hour, plus a few minutes. And if the
deferrals continue with THAT traffic, it is strongly suggested that one hold
off on any sending from that IP for at least 24 hours. Bottom line is, right
now, if you start seeing 4xx deferrals from “HotMail” on a given IP, you should
stop sending immediately if you at all possibly can as it may affect the IP’s
reputation. But in general, if when you connect to a given mail server, all you
are seeing is deferrals, you should 1) notice, and 2) back off.

And you should do some navel gazing to make sure those deferrals were not
happening for an as-of-yet un-noticed cause.

Aloha,
Michael.
--
Michael J Wise