On 2018-08-23 19:10:50 (+0000), Jan Schapmans wrote:
Only thing missing in their best practices, if we are not missing anything, is that they don't do double optin. To get them to implement double optin, we are pushing to do this only for Gmail.

So your customer is a spammer.

Unless you confirm opt-in, you have no way of knowing that your email is wanted. If it's not wanted, it's spam.

* Google postmaster ip reputation BAD, domain reputation BAD & complaint rate ok and of course very low at the end because of no inbox placement. In the feedback loop there is no mentioning of any identifier

you can see below we were in a happy place first, and slowly it got worse & worse

The system is working well.

* list is acquired by a webform where users request a valuation of their car

People can input any address they like in this form. Unless you confirm opt-in, you have no way of knowing if that address wants your email.
Any email you send to an address that hasn't requested it is spam.

 * customer doesn't want to do double optin

Get rid of the customer.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps