From: mailop <mailop-boun...@mailop.org> On Behalf Of Steve Dodd
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 8:33 AM
To: mailop@mailop.org
Subject: Re: [mailop] O365 discarding mail after User-Agent change

For anyone interested in this..

I had a bit of an exchange with Michael off-list, we thought he had mitigated
the issue, it seems not.

Reading between the lines of Michael's off-list replies, I went looking at a
certain part of the Mailpile code (I intentionally won't be too precise here.)
Anyway, I've just discovered an otherwise harmless bug that will make "new
messages" (i.e. thread/conversation starters) look slightly different to
replies, forwards, etc. This might explain why almost all the test messages I
sent succeeded, but "real" mail has continued to fail.

Anyway, I'm wondering generally if and how mail software authors - particularly
of 'niche' software - can test and discuss interoperability with the big inbox
providers. Is such discussion appropriate here? If not, is there another forum?

Steve
On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 at 14:18, Steve Dodd