In article <903fdf82-15d7-a854-f72f-c780b7fb6...@invaluement.com> you write:
>Anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out that
>"marriott.com" has order of magnitudes more "good reputation" than
>"email-marriott.com" - so this is just not wise.

I get the impression that they are sending a notification to everyone
who has stayed in any Starwood chain hotel (Sheraton, Westin, W,
Doubletree, etc. etc.) since 2014.  It is also my impression that from
their point of view, it is much more important that they can say they
sent the notices than that people received them.

A fair number of 2014 addresses will have been abandoned by now, so no
wonder they don't want to screw up their main domain reputation with
this (they hope) one off blast.

R's,
John