Just to be clear - all of my issues are resolved at this time.  I'm just
replying back here because I think it's important to learn from mistakes and
how improvements can be made.  I don't imagine my opinion counts for much, but
in case it does...

> If you respond to the second email detailing the mitigation, or the lack
> thereof, and don't receive an email from a live human (they'll use
> boilerplate; they're required to), or you don't receive that second email
> with the details of the machine mitigation...

Well, the issue was - they kept telling me that they didn't see anything that
would be blocking mail from that IP.  Which, again, I don't necessarily doubt
them... but the end result was still the same: my IP was being blocked.  They
would not mitigate anything because to them, there was nothing to mitigate.

So I don't know what their procedures are for this.  I kind of suspect that
they just copy and paste an IP into a tool that spits something out for them
and if that tool was returning nothing, then that's a problem with the tool.
It's either not getting valid information or isn't checking deep enough.

Secondly, if the human being that I'm talking to can't see why my IP is being
blocked - and when I'm showing clear evidence that it being blocked - then that
human needs to escalate the ticket up to a more knowledgeable human and it
needs to keep going up until it finds a human that can see why my IP is being
blocked.  That does not appear to be what happened.

I get that we all make mistakes.  To be honest, I've actually been that human
in this.  I once had a client that told me he couldn't reach his website, I
didn't see a block.  He kept writing back saying he was blocked.  It took a few
emails back and forth, but I did find that his IP was part of a larger block
and we were actually blocking him.  It didn't take a full week to solve, it
took a few hours, but those are hours that the client really deserved to be
unblocked or have an explanation for.  I learned from this.  My hope is that
Microsoft/Outlook/Hotmail might learn from this.

Regarding the tickets being closed.  I was told in a direct message from
@Outlook on twitter that my tickets had been closed and that's why I wasn't
getting any response.  I don't know which tickets they were referring to.  I'm
sure I opened too many tickets on this.  I'm sure I showed out a little bit in
some of the tickets.  I'm sorry about that.  But under the circumstances...
being told I wasn't blocked when I was blocked... that will get under your skin
a little bit.  Especially when we have clients screaming at us because they
can't send to hotmail - and they all believe that Microsoft/Outlook/Hotmail can
do no wrong, so it has to be on our end.

So again, just to reiterate, my issue with this is resolved at this time.
There's no need to spend time working on this.  If you want to look at
something, look at how the tools and procedures for handling situations like
this are done with Outlook/Hotmail support and perhaps how those can be
improved.