On 2019/07/01 17:56, Simplelists - Andrew Beverley via mailop wrote:
> Thanks for the replies,
>
> On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 17:19:41 +0100 Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > Though AFAIK it's too late for brand-new space in the RIPE region,
> > I think they're just reallocating reclaimed address space now.
>
> Ah, if that's the case (I'll check) would it be safer to use a known
> range? Presumably we wouldn't know what new range had been issued until
> it arrived.
>
> Andy

I don't think it's likely to matter that much really (and either way
you'll still have the challenge of building up positive reputation for
the addresses). You can show the whois entry showing the new assignment
if you need to contact anybody asking them to clear an old RBL entry etc.

If there are non mail-delivery related reasons factored into the choice
too then I would probably let those guide the decision..