On Tue, Oct 08, 2019 at 02:47:02AM +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop wrote:
> BTW. I also sometimes (quite rarely) send messages from my server using two
> other sender addresses corresponding to two small organizations I belong to.
> They are in different domains. I also tried to send mail from those two
> addresses via AWS (while one of these addresses wasn't used as sender for
> over a year) - both were classified as spam. As the "Received" headers
> referring to my server were removed, the only thing that they could
> have common with my server is the "rafa.eu.org" domain in the Message-Id and
> maybe a few other headers. So I suppose that just a presence of this domain
> anywhere in the message causes it to be classified as spam. Why?

The other commonality is that AWS EC2 is at least as much of a pit of spam
and abuse as OVH is, and I'm not surprised that you don't get treated better
by GMail when you start sending them mail from a rando EC2 address.  The
only thing that surprises me is that any of AWS' IP space gets past EHLO on
*anyone's* SMTP server, including their Spam Emission Service.

- Matt