Today I had to deal with an erroneous Hotmail JMR notification via my SNDS
registration - the email was an order confirmation to a customer, it
appears they use the Junk/Spam button as a Delete button.

Once I receive this email, if I can demonstrate that it wasn't actually a
complaint but was reported in error by the recipient, is there any 'right
of reply' mechanism to establish that the complained-about email was
actually legitimate?

There's nothing on the Hotmail JMR email to indicate a means for the
operator to respond or contest the complaint, and the SNDS portal shows no
statistics for the sending server (insufficient email volume to display
stats).

I'm concerned junk complaints like this will bias mail filtering algorithms
into considering legitimate email as junk in future. While the feedback
loop to the operator worked well in this instance, it fails when the
operator needs to contact someone to indicate the complaint is not valid.

Chris