Definitely confusing so ignore any previous responses I sent :-)

Speaking for the Apache SpamAssassin project, I want to make sure this
is compliant with our free for some RBL inclusion policy [1] at
SpamAssassin but I think the 3 follow-up emails clarified it DOES work
out of the box for low volume without a key.

I would also suggest you look at the URIBL_BLOCKED rule and returning a
quad that allows an administrator to know why they are blocked.  We can
add a rule for that.  Can you make a suggested rule and email to the SA
Dev list or put in a bugzilla request, Please?

[1] See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/spamassassin/DnsBlocklistsInclusionPolicy

Regards,

KAM