On 2019-12-02 3:59 p.m., John Levine via mailop wrote:
I warned a guy away from Hetzner and OVH if he wants to send mail so he
reasonably asked what VPS provider in Europe is better for sending mail.

Any suggestions?

Also, how different is it if at OVH and Hetzner if you use their outbound
mail servers rather than trying to send directly?

R's,
John

I would say yes, I get why you chose that recommendation. And of course, this SHOULD get companies to step up their game, whether it be their choices on the customers they (or resellers <sic>) they let set up shop on their networks, or their own outbound monitoring..

But frankly, I would judge which company to recommend based on their abuse team's professionalism. (In that regard, have to say while Hetzner may not be as pro-active as we like, but they are far better than OVH in their abuse department responses)

Following the hosting companies on Twitter might give you an indication of their support and abuse standards.

Most public 'rating' pages are just advertising ..

But it would be nice if anyone has a reference page based on how good the abuse and support teams are..

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."