On 2019-12-02 4:53 p.m., Steve Holdoway via mailop wrote:
December 3, 2019 1:46 PM, "Luis E. Muñoz via mailop" <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

On 2 Dec 2019, at 15:59, John Levine via mailop wrote:

I warned a guy away from Hetzner and OVH if he wants to send mail so > he
reasonably asked what VPS provider in Europe is better for sending > mail.

Any suggestions?

I'm AWS (IPv4 and IPv6) with good results. I would go with AWS for Europe
services. Months ago did
some tests from DigitalOcean ams2 VMs, but for other reasons ended up ditching
it.

Best regards

-lem

I use linode. Moved away from Amazon SES with their draconian disconnect
policies. Alternatively stay where you are and use a 3rd party - Sendgrid is
what we moved to.

Steve

Kind of funny, from your side Amazon SES has draconian disconnect, but a raging problem from EC2 IP(s) now and complaints about slow take downs, quite a disconnect between the two sides approaches..

But overall Linode is not bad as a suggestion, but often with hosting providers, when trying to send email it's your neighbours which will affect your reputation..

No matter who you choose, you should ensure that things like PTR/rDNS and 'rwhois' are provided so you can be as transparent as possible with your identity, so you don't appear to be one of the fly by nighters that often infest VPS networks..

SendGrid used to have a great responsive abuse team, but things have degraded of late.. If you do go SendGrid, go dedicated IP, and not shared services.. based on our reports of increased leakage..

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."