On 2019-12-17 18:08:03 (+0800), Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
On 2019-12-17 03:20:04 (+0800), Al Iverson via mailop wrote:
Google is announcing that in the future, G-Suite accounts will not support LSA (Less Secure Access) account connection functionality. This will put an end to accessing your Gmail account via POP3 or old school IMAP, unless your email client supports OAuth.

So someone will have to implement OATH support in fetchmail or I will lose access to customer email addresses on G-Suite.

(Sure, I could fetch the email using Mailmate but 1. I don't want Google to follow my laptop around the world - that's creepy - and 2. I have my mailserver fetch my mail so it's more easily backed up.)

Fetchmail is indeed a significant issue and
   https://sourceforge.net/p/fetchmail/mailman/message/34628292/
suggests that the fetchmail devels aren't going to turn it into a web browser.

They're not wrong...

One other option is for gmail to forward your mail to your server.
I've been doing this for a few months without any problems.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll look into doing that.

I've got two years to put off poking around at the web interface. :-)

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer