On 2019-12-17 03:20:04 (+0800), Al Iverson via mailop wrote:
Google is announcing that in the future, G-Suite accounts will not support LSA (Less Secure Access) account connection functionality. This will put an end to accessing your Gmail account via POP3 or old school IMAP, unless your email client supports OAuth.

So someone will have to implement OATH support in fetchmail or I will lose access to customer email addresses on G-Suite.

(Sure, I could fetch the email using Mailmate but 1. I don't want Google to follow my laptop around the world - that's creepy - and 2. I have my mailserver fetch my mail so it's more easily backed up.)

2. February 15, 2021 - Access to LSAs will be turned off for all G Suite accounts.

Clear deadline at least.

This isn't a bad thing, of course.

I'm not sure I share that particular view...

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer