Dnia 27.01.2020 o godz. 18:04:54 John Levine via mailop pisze:
> Because it's unusable unless you're a total nerd.  I have provisioned my
> browser
> to use client certs and it wasn't pretty.

I have used certs on my company intranet. The setup didn't look that hard -
after initial login with just password I had to go to a page where cert was
generated. Click one button to generate the cert, and then click another to
download generated cert. When the cert was downloaded, browser's dialog
asking to install the cert popped up automatically (I was using Firefox,
maybe it's a bit more complicated in other browsers - I don't know). Just
accepting defaults was OK and the cert was installed & usable. I didn't see
why this should be significantly harder than setting up a new password :)

If they were able to do it that way, then probably any other Internet
service would be able to do it similarly eg. during registration.

Of course, during that first cert creation you are authenticated by password
only, but it's basically the same situation as when you create account on
Google and provide eg. phone number for 2FA.

BTW. Your mail server is rejecting e-mails from my IP :(
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa