On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 12:06 AM Andrew C Aitchison <and...@aitchison.me.uk>
wrote:

> That is pretty much what I thought, and I agree that this all is good to
> do.
>
> I accept that in reality professional bad-guys are the biggest risk, but
> in my paranoia I am more afraid of what happens if my phone slips out of
> my pocket in a public place.
> Assuming the person who picks it up can unlock my phone (that may be
> unrealistic) if we have eliminated passwords then they have access
> to all my data stored anywhere.

I mean, passwords haven't been eliminated, they are one of the two factors.

The other factor doesn't need to be your phone.

Realistically, the person picking up your phone is either going to try and
return it
or sell it for cash.  Maybe the person down the line would do something
with it,
but usually they are just trying to wipe the phone so it can't be traced so
they
can sell it.

Anyways, I do understand the reluctance to switch to 2FA, the possibility
of losing
all of your second factor creds is frightening.  And at least once I
haven't been able
to log in at some point because I didn't have one with me (well, I had my
portable
security key, but it was the wrong type of usb for the device I was trying
to use).
It's annoying.

Brandon