On 2/6/20 12:06, Patrick Ben Koetter via mailop wrote:

So the business justification is to use 'any' routeable envelope sender address
because one wants to do bounce processing.

The technical justification is to use 'any' routeable envelope sender address in order to achieve better deliverability.

The business justification is that although you're attempting to communicate with a human, you don't want to bother with having a human look at any replies to your message. In other words, "What I'm sending to you is far more important than whatever you might want to send to me."

People with that business mindset probably aren't going to care about bounce processing.

--
Jay Hennigan - j...@west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880