On 2020-02-07 14:32:50 (-0800), Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2020/02/07 13:41, Philip Paeps via mailop wrote:
I think the only viable solution will be to set up forwarders

Or pass it through a proxy which knows how to authenticate. I'm not aware of any that have been written yet but it shouldn't be too complex.

It sounds like we have about one year for that to happen before people lose access to their email.

Unless fetchmail starts supporting Oauth, I will lose access to certain customer mailboxes when Google decides to stop accepting "app passwords".

Do you need to use fetchmail? getmail has supported that for some time. (fetchmail development code supports oauth2, but it isn't in a release yet).

I'm not married to fetchmail. I had never heard of getmail. If it supports oauth completely unattended, that would solve my use case. I'll look into it more closely. Thanks for the pointer.

As far as I understand it though, oauth requires a human operator and a webbrowser to generate the tokens. I wonder how getmail satisfies that requirement.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer