Nobody should listen to me at all because I have the memory of a goldfish. But
in a past life I knew lots about splat.rr.com. There were royalty issues with
the RoadRunner domains but I'm fairly sure Spectrum bought out the domain at
least. I do know it (rr.com) under markmonitor through spectrum.

There are millions of roadrunner.com and splat.rr.com users out there. While
they had intended to move all new emails to a branded domain, that process is
long and drawn out.

On 2/8/20, 8:08 PM, "mailop on behalf of John Levine via mailop"
<mailop-boun...@mailop.org on behalf of mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

    In article <1692699245.1838651.1581216535504.javamail.zim...@baylink.com>,
    Jay R. Ashworth via mailop <j...@baylink.com> wrote:
    >Does anyone on the list know if there's such a sunset policy in process?

    I doubt it.  My twcny.rr.com address still works even though I haven't been
    a Spectrum customer for quite a while.

    For all the reasons you cite it's much easier to keep the old
    addresses working even as you merge the infrastructure.  I mean,
    aol.com addresses aren't going away even though they're now running on
    ex-Yahoo Verizon systems.