From: "Russell Clemings via mailop" <mailop@mailop.org>
> On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 6:59 PM Jay R. Ashworth via mailop < mailop@mailop.org
> >
> wrote (in part):
>
> > but my experience of email carrier buyouts is that no-one *ever* sunsets the
> > domain names, cause there's no real reason to do so, and it pisses off
> > end-users.
>
> Tell that to Comcast, which bought attbi.com and made all of their users
> change
> their email addresses to comcast.net , just as attbi.com had done a few years
> earlier when it bought mediaone.net . Quite a few years ago, but it was a
> colossal pain.
>
> https://www.marketingsherpa.com/article/blog/19-million-attbi-email-addresses

Well, the snap answer there is "why the hell would you stay?"

If you're going to have to flush through a change cycle on an email that --
if they're being that stupid anyway, they're probably not going to forward --
why would you stay with the carrier anyway.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       j...@baylink.com