On 2020-02-25 3:12 a.m., Simon Lyall via mailop wrote:

Thank you for all the suggestions. I've put together a couple of pages:

https://www.mailop.org/faq/
https://www.mailop.org/best-practices/

as a start. What do people think needs to be added or changed?

Simon.
Mailop Admin Team.

Thanks Simon for this important step.

It is also something that everyone on the mailing list might use/reference and as a result attract more email operators to this list.

* [FUTURE] Support for i18n

https://www.mailop.org/faq/

* What do do if being blocked by a large provider?
  (Might want to also put a link to ..)

Help – I’m on a Blocklist
Updated February 2018, Version 1.0.1 (June 2014)
Shortened URL to this document: www.m3aawg.org/BlocklistHelp

* List to sites to check IP health

 Suggest, that you list both mxtoolbox and Hetrixtools
 And link directly to the IP Blacklists

* Add 'List to sites to check Domain Health'

For the Best Practices Page..

Not 100% sure "if FCrDNS records for all you public-facing IPs that match the SMTP HELO and EHLO" correctly describes the issue..

Maybe we need to order it in the form of the most essential requirements first, going down to 'suggested' ..

Eg, having an SPF record has now reached the point of being a Best Practice, however the format of it, might be a suggestion.

Some are more important than others.. And then there are the ones that 'might' be more controversial, but senders should be informed about.. eg, The Address in the MAIL FROM/Return Path SHOULD reflect the domain of the person who's content is represented .. (I know, badly worded) but you get my drift..

For those on the security side, we would like to see it come from @trustedbank.com instead of @3rdpartymailprovider.com, but those in the sending community might not agree..

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."