Mailspike is the worst RBL that we test (out of 33).

They have the lowest catch rate (last month: 41.9%) and a high false
positive rate.  Even ReturnPath and SORBS do better.  It's hardly worth
using them, unless you're slightly adjusting your spam score based on
their opinion, rather than just refusing the message.  And that seems to
defeat the main beauty of a RBL being the "we R not going to accept that
message Right now thank you here's 400 for your trouble" part.

The best no-cost RBL right now is Barracuda's, although the commercial
ones (Cisco, Trend, Spamhaus, Proofpoint) are all better.

Not that this helps with your problem with Mailspike & Yahoo!, but I
figured that putting it on the record might be useful when people start
researching whether to continue to use Mailspike or not.

jms
--
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494