Amazing times, streets are near empty in Vancouver, but that's a good thing. It means we are working together. And while our offices are virtually empty, work goes on..

One thing we see out of this, is of course an increase in mailings from all companies, advising their customers of the situations. Goes to show the importance of email.

But it would be a shame if important email didn't get delivered at a time like this. We notice that the increase of mailings show there are a lot of 'stale' email addresses in people lists and databases, so this might be a good time to work harder on cleaning those out, to ensure higher delivery rates.

Levi, Sears, Key, Norton, Ikea, Canon, are some of the notable call outs..

And of course, it is important to let government emails get to customers. In spite of the large increase in government email compromises (oh, and that is so dangerous, governments should enforce 2FA for all employees) I know that our spam auditing team is going more lenient on those cases, and suggest that we all do in this time of need.

Maybe we need less blocking of them for now, and offering them more help where we can.

And of course, as more people start holding their meetings on line, expect more 'phishing' and 'spear phishing'.

Companies have to do better with their mailings *cough* (SendGrid) because the last thing we need is trusted senders letting the bad guys use their infrastructure.

Ever notice that a 'Webex' invite doesn't have an 'unsubscribe' link, or a link to say 'I don't know this person'?

Everyone be careful about those invites to join a conversation by clicking a link..

Let's all do our part, lets keep the email eco-system clean, and this is also a call out to the 'too big to blocks'. In this dangerous time, terrible that the first few 'Corona Virus' based scams/spams came from the big three.

Criminals LOVE when no one is at home to stop them. "When the cats away, the mouse will play"

Everyone, no matter where you are working from, even if you can't get out this weekend, reach out to friends and loved ones, communication is very important right now. Thank your first responders, and health workers on the front lines, and remember we are all in this together.

Times like this remind us that there is more to life than money and work, and to stop thinking 'MeMeMe'. Let's get back to working together as a society. Take the time alone to REALLY think about what you can do to make the world a better place

        -- Michael --

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."