In article <ebfa5081-45c4-d17a-787a-141220fc1...@spamtrap.tnetconsulting.net>
you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>On 3/26/20 11:20 AM, John R Levine via mailop wrote:
>> As I'm sure you're aware, we've seen way too much spam from people who
>> imagine that COVID is an excuse to reanimate zombie lists.
>
>Is there any precedent on how fresh / recent the "established business
>relationship" must be to cover sending largely superfluous email?

I don't think it's the kind of thing for which anyone could define a
fixed rule beyond the obvious -- send people mail they want to get.

Personally, I don't think there's any excuse for sending superfluous
mail.  I don't want to hear how you're taking care of your employees,
since any responsible organization does that.  When my bank sends me a
note saying the branches are closed but the drive-ups are open, or the
food coop I belong to sends a note saying the hours are shorter and
don't bring your own bag because they're switching back to paper for
the duration, those are fine.

Some random company I bought stuff from two months ago saying that they
hope I am OK and oh by the way we're offering free shipping so wouldn't
I like to buy something else is not.

R's,
John