On 6/2/20 6:35 AM, Tim Bray via mailop wrote:
> Is there way I could force my email address to be double opt in?
> Like register with you, confirm my address, and then any of your
> customers who try to add me, I get a `please confirm` email.

If large ESPs who consider themselves reputable added a consistent
header saying whether the subscription had been confirmed ("double opt
in"), that could be used in combination with DKIM source verification to
provide positive and negative filtering.

For example, if Mailchimp added "Subscription-Confirmed: Yes" or
"Subscription-Confirmed: No" to each DKIM-signed message they sent, and
I as an ISP believed they were doing that accurately, I could reward
confirmed mail from Mailchimp by whitelisting it. (And penalize
unconfirmed mail if the user wished it.)

Then Mailchimp and their customers could decide for themselves whether
the improved inbox placement is worth the claimed hassle of double-opt-in.

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies, http://www.tigertech.net/